Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Vegan Wagon...

I hang my head as I admit that I fell off the vegan wagon this weekend. I had a fantastic six day stretch and then started feeling awful (body aches, lethargy, several dizzy spells, and extreme moodiness - so sorry Ira). I chalked it up to not eating enough protein, got nervous, and fell off the veggie wagon. I feel guilty about it but the flu-like symptoms went away after I ate sushi.

We were at a party last night and I happened to start chatting with a chef. I told him about my vegan plan and the icky feeling that ensued. He told me that I shocked my body and suggested that I ease into the new diet by eliminating one thing a week. Now that's doable!

So, I'm going to modify my plan so I can have a boost of protein if I need it. Here's the plan:

Not allowed: Diary, all meat except seafood, products made with diary
Allowed this week: Seafood, eggs

I'm feeling good about this and look forward to getting back on the plan tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment